Sunday, April 27, 2008

Find a Grave

Originally posted HERE on Saturday, July 16, 2005

I've been so bad about writing here, I'm sure no one is reading this journal. But I wanted to pass on something I found last week.

I took a trip to Washington County, Pennsylvania, last week. Most of my dad's family had lived there for generations, and I wanted to revisit some of the cemeteries that I've visited in the past so I could take pictures with my digital camera.

Have I mentioned before that I LOVE cemeteries? And I have such a nice husband, willing to spend part of his vacation looking for dead people related to me.


Anyway, I now have hundreds of digital photos of tombstones and graveyards, and I was thinking of creating some webpages to display them, but I found something even better! Take a look at:

Find A Grave - Millions of Cemetery Records

I've already started contributing, you can see my info here!

The site seems a little to devoted to the collection of information about famous dead people, but I can't help imagining a day when every known internment will be recorded. Can you imagine what a wonderful resource that will be for genealogists everywhere? And I want to help!

I just can't imagine why it took me so long to find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...say anything :)

Want to post a link? Click HERE for instructions!