Sunday, January 12, 2014

#52Ancestors Week 2: James Curtis Atkinson

For more info about this challenge, see:  52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks!

For week 2, I'm writing about James Curtis Atkinson, my great-great grandfather.  He was the grandfather of MY grandfather, Charles W. Atkinson.

 
I think of James Curtis as an anomaly because he was born in the panhandle of West Virginia.  He went west into Delaware County Ohio as a child with his parents, George and Susannah (Faris) Atkinson, but later, after he had married and had a few children, he and his wife, Sarah Jane (Kimmins) Atkinson, moved EAST, to Washington County, Pennsylvania.  My Atkinson family has been in Washington County from then on -- I still have cousins from that line who live in the Canonsburg area. 

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=atkinson&GSfn=James+&GSmid=46796100&GRid=11438209&

2 comments:

Don't be shy...say anything :)

Want to post a link? Click HERE for instructions!