Tuesday, March 25, 2014

#52Ancestors Week 12: Martha (Skiles) Fife

She raised these five children
I've been sick and it's getting late, so this is going to be a quick post for this week's 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks!

I'm ashamed to admit how little I know about my grandma's mother, Martha (Skiles) Fife.  Her father was a blacksmith and her mother grew up an orphan. 






The photo of her to the right was labeled:

"Taken at McClellands school yard
Grandma Fife"











She and her husband, Charles Edgar Fife, are buried at Bethel Presbyterian Cemetery in the oldest section of the churchyard where they are the 7th and final generation of my Fife ancestors to be buried there.  


Please visit Martha Fife's memorial on Find a Grave


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...say anything :)

Want to post a link? Click HERE for instructions!